Passing Parameters to XSLT

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Any thoughts on how I will be able to pass parametes to XSLT when using the XML Component
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM

VinodK_K wrote:
Any thoughts on how I will be able to pass parametes to XSLT when using the XML Component

Vinodk,

That isn't something currently on my roadmap due to it's complexity in JavaScript. It can totally be done, but I voted for simplicity instead. If we DID do it, it's somthing that the XmlComponent (JavaScript component) would pass to the transform.

How important are parameters to you? What projects are you using the Toolkit for?

Daniel
Mar 7, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Damiel,
Thanks for the response. It is no longer an issue. We are passing the parameters/values to the http handler which in turn returns the XML data along with the parameter values as attributes at the root node. The XSLT reads the values from the data itself and renders accordingly.

Thank you for all your great work. We used the framework to build a dynamic tree web part (node data obtained via web service calls). We have another consumer web part that refreshes its content based on the selected tree node. The consumer web part also interacts with a web service to get its data dynamically. Everything is working very well. These components are critical to our implementation and the framework along with the sample code was very helpful.

Thanks again
Vinod