Getting Started

Topics: User Forum
Feb 19, 2008 at 7:28 PM
I have been working though Inside Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and just dowloaded the most recent code and samples (v1.2) from this site.

Basic question: the readMe.txt in the LitwareAjaxWebParts project says to "Change the reference for SharePoint.Ajax dll to point to a local copy of this file.", but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. First of all, SharePoint.Ajax.dll is not even included in the SharePoint.Ajax project and I wouldn't think I needed to download it separately and copy it to every project. Since it is registered in the GAC I expected it to show in the .NET reference tab, but I guess that is not the case. I am sure that I am missing something basic here, but would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

One bit of feedback: I think it may have been helpful to have the non-SharePoint.AJAX sample code in a separate project. Combining them forces you to install the toolkit to work through the basic examples that come earlier in Chap 5. In general, the progression of some of the examples is difficult to follow between the text and the samples. Otherwise I have really been enjoying the book -- good stuff!

Thanks in advance!
Apr 22, 2008 at 11:58 AM

JLTook11 wrote:
I have been working though Inside Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and just dowloaded the most recent code and samples (v1.2) from this site.

Basic question: the readMe.txt in the LitwareAjaxWebParts project says to "Change the reference for SharePoint.Ajax dll to point to a local copy of this file.", but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. First of all, SharePoint.Ajax.dll is not even included in the SharePoint.Ajax project and I wouldn't think I needed to download it separately and copy it to every project. Since it is registered in the GAC I expected it to show in the .NET reference tab, but I guess that is not the case. I am sure that I am missing something basic here, but would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Please check the local bin folder.. of your wwwroot./... wss/80/bin... for sharepointajax.dll
Coordinator
Jun 1, 2008 at 11:55 PM
Hey all

This project is a commercial-grade version of what's in Inside WSS. We use this framework at NewsGator and I've invested a lot in it since it's original release. I recommend downloading the source code and building from the latest source release.

If you need any help, feel free to drop me a note. me at dan larson dot com.