SharePoint.Ajax.Script.SharePoint.Ajax.js is missing

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 21, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I've added SharePoint.Ajax.dll to the GAC, and made a reference to the dll from my web project.
Then I've added this code to my .aspx page:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" >
<Scripts>
<asp:ScriptReference Assembly="SharePoint.Ajax, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ed42c8fcfe5cf7c" Name="SharePoint.Ajax.Script.SharePoint.Ajax.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Assembly="SharePoint.Ajax, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ed42c8fcfe5cf7c" Name="SharePoint.Ajax.Script.XmlComponent.js" />
</Scripts>
</asp:ScriptManager> 

When I test my .aspx page I get the following error:

Assembly 'SharePoint.Ajax, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ed42c8fcfe5cf7c' does not contain a Web resource with name 'SharePoint.Ajax.Script.SharePoint.Ajax.js'.

Please help

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Hey Egholm

The scripts are deployed to the _layouts directory, they aren't compiled resources. 
Jan 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Ahh....okay.

I followed the example from this page:
http://daniellarson.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!D3543C5837291E93!901.entry

Does that example work with another version of SharePoint.Ajax.dll with embedded resources?

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 2:25 PM
For the script references, use this:

<asp:ScriptReference Path="/_layouts/SharePoint.AJAX/SharePoint.AJAX.js" />
<asp:ScriptReference Path="/_layouts/SharePoint.AJAX/XmlComponent.js" />

.. OR, prefereably, use the controls in the library which wrap the script manager and also deploy the core runtime. I also recommend grabbing the latest source code and building it yourself. Let me know if I can help you further.